Monday, June 15, 2009

Email Fraud Attempts Increasing because of Global Economic Recession

First of all, this is not a topic related to the theme of this blog but I felt that I should write about it after receiving at least five emails in one day. The message of all the five emails were almost identical: someone rich or powerful or their widow has found a lot of money but he or she cannot use this money in their own country and is giving me the proposal to transfer the money to my bank account and then give me a huge amount of commission or making me the partner of a new company. I have been using emails for nearly a decade and I know that this kind of emails is sent regularly and I have received them a lot in the past. I also know that they have no significance.

This kind of emails are nothing new to me but what is alarming is that in the last few weeks, I have noticed a significant and noticeable increase in the frequency. I know that I will not fall for this kind of things but I know at the same time that many people in the world become greedy suffer. Sometimes they (the victims) lose a lot of money and find themselves in deep trouble. That is why I am writing this entry to warn you about the possible dangers. It is the time of very bad economic recession and people in all parts of the world are suffering from it. So, many people are perhaps desperate and are now searching for new ways of making money and getting money.

If you receive these kinds of emails then do not give any importance to them because of the fact they are hundred percent fake. In the past, some people believed them and fall into the grave danger and sometimes lost everything. So, please pay attention to me and just ignore this kind of messages.

Some samples of the emails:

1. Dear sir/madam
First, let me start by introducing myself as Mrs. Susan Shabangu, a mother of three children and the deputy minister of safety and security since 29th April 1996 to date under the auspices of the president of South Africa Mr. Thabo Mbeki.
After due deliberation with my children, I decided to contact you for your assistance in standing as a beneficiary to the sum of us$30.5m (Thirty Five million, Five hundred Thousand united states dollars only) you can view my profile at my website www.gov.za click on, contact information, then click on deputy minister, and click on safety and security finally, click on my name Susan shabangu and read about me. The proposal, after the swearing in ceremony making me the deputy minister of safety and security, my husband Mr. Ndelebe Dube shabangu died while he was on an official trip to Trinidad and Tobago in 1996.

2. Dear Friend,
I am the bill and exchange manager at FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPT,In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of U.S $14.3million US dollars, (FOURTEEN MILLION THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS)in an account that belonged to one of our foreign customers who died along with his entire family in a plane crash.
Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or a business associate to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines and laws, but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.
It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this business proposal to you so that the bank can release the money to you as the next of kin or a business associate to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and I don’t want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill. Since the bank law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained unclaimed after Six years the money will be transferred into the bank treasury as unclaimed fund.

3. Dearest One,
With Due Respect And Humanity, I was compelled to write to you under a humanitarian ground.
My name is Rose Fofana. My nationality is Poland, I am married to Dr. Johnson Fofana who was director J.C Industries Cote d’Ivoire West Africa.We were married for 36 years without a child. He died after a Cadiac Arteries Operation.
And Recently, My Doctor told me that I would not last for the next six months due to my cancer problem (cancer of the lever and stroke).
Before my husband died last year there is this sum ($2.8 Million Dollars) that he deposited with one of the BANK here In Cote D’Ivoire West Africa. Presently this money is still in the Vault of the BANK.
Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to any good God fearing brother or sister that will utilize this fund the way I am going to instruct herein.
I want somebody that will use this fund according to the desire of my late.husband to help Lessprivilaged people, orphanages,widows and propagating the word of God.

4. Dearest One,

Good day and how are you ? My name is Miss Rose Akah 23 years old from sierra leone, i intend to establish in your country, Though I have not met with you before but I believe,one has to risk confiding in someone to succeed sometimes in life. There is this huge amount of Eigth million U.S dollars ($8,000,000.00) which my late father Mr Harrison Akah deposited in one of the prime security company here in Abidjan before he was assasinated by unknow gangs.before his death he was the Director of Mines and power in mende district in sierra leone.

Now i the only survived daughter decided to invest these money in your country or any where safe enough outside Africa for security and political reasons.
I want you to help me claim this money from the security company ,i mean standing as my guadian and beneficiary of the consignment untill the money is claimed which is for investment purposes on the followings below

You can clearly see that all of the messages have the same style and they are promising you to give a lot of money. Whatever you do please do not pay attention to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment