Today, the share market ended with a positive note. On
The Sensex opened at 14,104 points and touched a low of 14,000 in the morning trade. It saw an intra-day high of 14,252 points. It then ended at 14,170 points. The fast moving consumer goods stocks led the gain today. However, the index showed a high volatility due to constant buying and selling of stocks.
In total, shares of 2,630 companies were traded today and out of them, share prices of 1,461 companies declined and 1,071 advanced.
Both the BSE Auto and FMCG indices gained around 4% to 4,635 and 2,401.
On the other hand, the Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) index lost 2% to 7,636.
Stocks whose prices went up are:
- ITC gained 7% to Rs. 211.
- Jaiprakash Associates surged around 7% to Rs 206.
- Hero Honda gained more than 5.5% at Rs. 1,437.
- Mahindra & Mahindra gained over 5.5% at Rs 750.
- Grasim gained around 5.5% to Rs 2,420.
- ACC advanced around 5.5% to Rs. 762.
- Share prices of Maruti and Bharti Airtel moved up 3.5-4.5% each at Rs 1,080 and Rs 811, respectively.
- Share prices of Larsen & Toubro, ICICI Bank, Reliance Infrastructure and TCS gained over 2% each.
Stocks who prices slipped are:
- Reliance share prices went down 2% to Rs. 1,855.
- ONGC share prices slipped 2% to Rs. 1,050.
- Share prices of Reliance Communications, Tata Motors, Infosys and SBI also went down at BSE.
The Nifty on the National Stock Exchange went up 0.88% to 4,202.15 points. It touched an intra-day high of 4,231.80 points and a low of 4,155.50 points.