On July 6, 2009, Yamaha launched a new bike under its Fazer series, the 153cc Yamaha Fazer, in
Dimensions, weight and color:
Overall length: 1975 mm.
Overall width: 770 mm
Overall height: 1045 mm
Kerb weight: 141 kg.
Dry weight: 130 kg.
Colors: Electric blue, Lava red, Midnight Black, Flaming orange.
Wheelbase: 1335 mm.
Minimum ground clearance: 160 mm.
Seat height: 790 mm.
Headlight: 12V 35W/35W+ 35W
Front brake type: Hydraulic single disc.
Rear brake type: Drum brake.
Front suspension type: Telescopic
Rear suspension type: 7-times adjustable Monocross.
Engine type: Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, two-valve.
Displacement: 153 cc
Maximum power: 14PS /7500 rpm
Maximum torque: 14 Nm/6000 rpm
Starting system: Electric Start.
Fuel tank capacity: 12 liters
Transmission type: Return type 5 speed.
- The aerodynamic cowl and visor of the new Yamaha Fazer protect the rider from wind blasts on the highway and ensures stability and comfort while riding long distance.
- Yamaha Fazer provides comfortable riding posture so that rider can go for long hours.
- The new Yamaha Fazer’s trendy mirror adds to the style quotient and also ensures safety by providing a better rear view.
- Yamaha Fazer comes with 140/60-17 radial tyre, the widest in its class. This wide radial tyre provides solid control and grip while riding on bumpy roads.
- The new stylish graphics gives Yamaha Fazer a distinctive look.
- The sporty twin headlight gives more clear vision at night and makes the bike very stylish.
- The carbon pattern seat lends a sporty image to the bike and seat dynamics provide comfort while riding long distance.
- The Yamaha Fazer is also fitted with mid-ship muffler exhaust system. One of the heavy components on a motorcycle, the mid-ship muffler is located closer to the engine’s center of gravity. The exhaust system has an uncommon look which adds up to the motorcycle’s overall style but it also improves “exhaust performance” and handling of the motor cycle. Bike Advice.in says:
What’s more, it is a weight that is usually positioned far away from the engine and off-center to the right or left of the machine’s center of gravity. So, from the standpoint of an deal concentration of mass at the center of the machine, a mid-ship muffler that moves that weight closer to the machine’s center of gravity makes a big difference. Better concentration of mass means a quicker convergence of motion resulting from reaction to forces from the road, which in turn means quicker, lighter handling.
- The Yamaha Fazer is fitted with “7-times adjustable Monocross suspension” used in racing motor cycles to provide stability.
The new Yamaha Fazer would cost Rs. 72,000 (ex-showroom