After the death of Dhirubhai Ambani, the company was split into his two sons Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani. After this split, Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group was formed which controls nine companies including Reliance Communications Ltd. It is the flagship company of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group.
Reliance Communication Ltd. formerly known as Reliance Infocomm, was founded by late Dhirubhai Ambani. The company started its business in 1999. Dhirubhai’s ultimate goal was to make tools of information and communication available to people at an affordable cost that would overcome their lack of literacy and mobility. On December 28, 2002, on the day of the Dhirubhai’s 70th birthday, the company started laying 60,000 km long pan-India fibre optic cable that would serve as the backbone of Reliance Communications. Reliance Communication Ltd is listed on National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange. The company has a subscriber base of 71 million.
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani- Chairman, Reliance
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani is the youngest son of late Dhirubhai Ambani. He is also the chairman of all the listed companies of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group. He is also the Chairman of the Board of Governors of Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology at Gandhi Nagar in Gujrat. In his long corporate career, Anil Dhirubhai has some great financial innovations to his credit. He is one of the pioneers to go to the overseas capital market through international public offerings. From 1991, he raised $2 billion for Reliance Industries.
- Leverage strengths to execute complex global-scale projects facilitate information and communication among people and make them affordable.
- Offering great value to the customers and increase productivity.
- Generate value beyond
India’s borders and establish Indiaas a global knowledge hub through enabling ’s knowledge workers. India
The Reliance Mobile World is a Java-based application that enables users to access internet through his/her mobile phone effectively and quickly. Everyday, rworld.co.in, the official website of Reliance Mobile World gets more than 1.5 million page views per month from Reliance mobile users. Reliance Mobile World offers more than 150 data applications which is a unique achievement for an Indian mobile service provider. The Reliance Mobile World is a great source of knowledge, information, entertainment and business. Nearly 90% of Reliance handsets are data-enabled. As a result, they can access hundreds of Java applications on Reliance Mobile World.
Services offered by Reliance
- Hot n New: Offers you all the lates MP3 ringtones and images.
- Ringtones: If you want to have the ringtones of your favorite Hindi movies then this is the place where you should be.
- Callertunes: Entertain your caller with your favorite song.
- Cricket N More: Get the latest score of Cricket and know what is going on in the sports world.
- Games: Who does not love to play games on mobile phones? Download and play great games on your mobile phones.
- Movie Masala: Know what is the latest movie in Bollywood.
- Pics N Fun: Offers a wide variety of pictures of places and people to download on your mobile phone.
- Astrology: Feng Shui, Zodiac sign, Vaastu, Numerology and Asto-Yogi.
- Love N Friendship: Enjoy love chat, friend finder, love match and send romantic messages to the person you love.
- News N TV : Catch live news and various television programs from different channels on your mobile phone.
- Finance: Get the last update of various stock exchanges of India. In addition, you can get information of your bank account on your mobile phone.
- Message: Enter your Yahoo Messenger and send written SMS and voice SMS and MMS and check your mailbox.
- Devotional: Enjoy devotional videos like Anulom Vilom, Kapalbhati, Gayatri Mantra, download devotional ringtones, animations and wallpapers for only Rs.25.
- Other services: Ticket booking, bill payment, job search, matrimonial, travel guide, TV guide, dictionary and many more on R World.
- In 2003, AC Nielsen voted Reliance Mobile as
’s Most Trusted Telecom brand. India
- That same year in July, Reliance Mobile created world record by adding one million subscribers in ten days with its ‘Monsoon Hungama’ offer.
Mobilealso revolutionized the mobile phone sector by offering a large number advanced multimedia media handsets at affordable prices. Such low price handset definitely contributed in increasing the country’s tele-density in the last four years. India
Mobileis one of the oldest cellular mobile service providers in . It obtained its license on December 12, 1995. It launched GSM services during October 1997. Currently, it operates in eight circles in India . India
(This entry was originally published in march 2009)