(This entry was originally uploaded on May 2009.)
On May 15, 2009, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. launched its latest hatchback car, Maruti Ritz. The car is the first one to follow BS-IV emission norms. In my previous posts, I gave you all the news about the launch of Maruti Ritz. In this post, I am giving all the specifications and features of Maruti Suzuki Ritz.
- Name: Maruti Ritz
- Model variants: Maruti Ritz comes in three Petrol variants includeing Lxi, Vxi and Zxi. The two diesel variants including Ldi and Vdi.
- Length: 3715mm
- Width: 1680 mm
- Height: 1620 mm
- Wheelbase: 2360 mm
- Ground clearance: 170 mm
- Turning circle radius: 4.7 meters
- Kerb weight: Lxi (1005 kgs); Vxi (1015 kgs); Zxi (1030 kgs); Ldi (1100 kgs); Vdi (1110 kgs).
- Seating capacity: 5
- Fuel tank capacity: 43 litres
- Brakes: Maruti Ritz comes with ventilated discs on its front wheels and drum discs on rear wheels.
- Tyres: The Zxi variant supports 185/70 R 14 size. On the other hand, all the other variants run on 165/80 R 14.
- Colors: Fire brick red, bakers chocolate, blue blaze, silky silver, racing green, glistering grey, midnight black, and superior white.
Maruti Ritz design:
The car is designed following the “tall boy philosophy.” The high roof makes the car appear more spacious. The exterior and interior design has been done by Suzuki Motor Corp.’s design team in
Maruti Ritz Interior:
Like the exterior, the interior of the Maruti Ritz is designed to give you comfort and a feel of liveliness and luxury. Just because it is a compact car does not mean that it has not enough luggage space. The 60:40 rear seat split enables you to increase your boot space when you are driving with extra luggage. In addition, the high roof line and adjustable seats makes the car very comfortable. The two tone dashboard and the waterfall console with silver lining will make you feel like you are driving an expensive brand car.
Maruti Ritz Exterior:
The roof line of the Maruti Ritz flows in arc and the rear vertical gives it a high aerodynamic efficiency which enables the car to remain steady at high speeds and reduces drag. The car also looks very sporty and the crease lines on the sides add up to its youthful look. The boomerang tail lights ensure high visibility at night. The Vxi and Zxi models of the car come with front fog lamps and rear fog lamps which enables the driver to drive in difficult weather conditions. The alloy wheels not only increase Maruti Ritz’s style quotient but also provides better stability.
Maruti Ritz Engine:
Maruti Ritz is powered by the lightweight and fuel efficient K12M engine. The petrol version of the engine has a fuel efficiency of 17.7 kmpl. The engine can pickup very quickly for its high power and torque. The engine oil is not required to be changed before 10000 km. The spark plugs have a life span of 40,000 km. The DDis technology diesel engine has a fuel efficiency of 21 kmpl and offers low engine noise.
Cylinder: 4 (diesel and petrol).
Engine CC: 1197cc (petrol) 1248 cc(diesel)
Maximum power: 85ps@6000 rpm (petrol) and 75ps@4000 rpm.
Maximum torque: 113 Nm@4500 rpm (petrol) and 190 Nm@ 2000 rpm.
Some more features of Maruti Ritz:
- The Maruti Ritz comes with iCATs.
- The Maruti Ritz has central locking
- The Maruti Ritz comes with child lock.
- The Maruti Ritz has dual airbags.
- The Maruti Ritz has front ELR seat belt with pretensioner.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with front and rear fog lamps.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with body colored bumpers.
- The Maruti Ritz has OVRM feature to control side mirros.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with hub caps.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with full wheel covers.
- The Maruti Ritz has alloy wheels.
- The Maruti Ritz has rear window defogger.
- The Maruti Ritz has rear wiper and washer.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with air-conditioner.
- The Maruti Ritz has power steering.
- The Maruti Ritz has double horn.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with fabric insert on door trim.
- The Maruti Ritz has front and rear door power windows.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with tilt steering
- The Maruti Ritz has audio control mounted on steering wheel.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with keyless entry system.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with foldable grip assistant.
- The Maruti Ritz has adjustable front seat head restraint and rear seat head restraint.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with roof antenna.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with ashtray.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with cup holder in console.
- The Maruti Ritz comes clock.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with tachometer.
- The Maruti Ritz has seatbelt reminder for driver seat.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with door ajar warning lamp.
- The Maruti Ritz has seat back pocket.
- The Maruti Ritz has front seat under tray.
- The Maruti Ritz has radio and CD with speakers.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with parcel tray.
- The Maruti Ritz has seat height adjuster (driver side).
- The Maruti Ritz comes with accessory socket.
- The Maruti Ritz has cigar lighter.
- The Maruti Ritz comes with anti-glare interior rear view mirror.