The launching ceremony took place in
Length: 4838 mm
Width: 1817 mm
Height: 1462 mm
Clear height: 139 mm
Wheel base: 2761 mm
- The new Skoda Superb comes with a ‘fuel-efficient’ new TSI (Turbocharged Fuel Stratified Injection) petrol engine. The 1.8 TSI/118kW is coupled with a 7° automatic DSG transmission that can be controlled using the 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel.
- The new Skoda Superb has parking assistant.
- The new Skoda Superb has Bi-Xenon headlamps with Adaptive Frontlight System (AFS).
- The new Skoda Superb comes with Twin-door system. Normally, you open up the fifth door of your car to carry luggage. If you are carrying bigger luggage that requires lots of space, then under the twin-door system, the rear window can be lifted up to create more space for luggage. If necessary, the volume of space can be further increased by tilting the backrest of the rear seats. In a typical cars, you would have to slam the door to shut the boot. In Skoda Superb, all you need is a light touch.
- The Emory interior of the new Skoda Superb makes it a great style statement. The fabric, leather and synthetic leather comes in ivory color. The dash board comes in two colors- blackand ivory.
- The new Skoda Superb comes with Climatronic air-conditioning. It ensures a comfortable environment inside the car.
- The new Skoda Superb has sunroof with solar panels. It makes sure that there is enough air even if the car is packed.
- The new Skoda Superb comes with 9 airbags including driver’s knee and rear side airbags.
Skoda Superb costs Rs. 18.8 lakh. The older models range between 20.1 lakh and Rs 22.7 lakh. Thomas Kuehl, Board Member, Sales & Marketing, Škoda Auto
(This entry was originally published in march 2009)