Bajaj auto is one of the largest two-wheeler producers in the world. In September 2007, the company launched the Bajaj XCD model. In the first month, it sold 18,000 units. In January 2009, Bajaj launched the 135cc XCD DTS-Si. The motorcycle mainly competes in the mid-level range. The best thing about the 135cc XCD DTS-Si is that it is very sporty and stylish. If you are tired of riding your 100cc or 125cc bike then you should go for the XCD 135.
Dimensions, color and other specifications:
Length: 1990 mm.
Width: 760 mm.
Height: 1080 mm.
Kerb weight: 116.5 kg.
Colors: Blue, red, black & green, black & blue, black & red.
Engine type: 4 stroke, natural air cooled.
Displacement: 134.6 cc.
Maximum net power: 10.2 PS@7500 rpm.
Maximum net torque: 11.58 nm @ 5000 rpm.
Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh.
Maximum speed: 98 Kmph (with single rider 68 kg)
Ignition System Digital CDI with Trics: DC, microprocessor controlled.
Starting: Kick start and electric start.
System: 12 volt direct current.
Head lamp: 12 V 35/35 W, HS-1 (Halogen)
Tail/Stop lamp: LED type.
Chassiss and body:
Wheel base: 1275 mm.
Saddle height: 810 mm.
Turning circle radius: 1990 mm (min).
Ground clearance: 165 mm.
Fuel tank capacity: 8.0 liters.
Reserve: 1.83 liters.
Front suspension: 130 mm fork travel, telescopic.
Rear suspension: 105 mm rear wheel travel, nitrox.
Front brakes: 200 mm disc / 130 mm drum brake.
Rear brakes: 130 mm drum brake.
Front tyre: 2.75 x 17, 41 P.
Rear tyre: 100 / 90 - 17, 55 P.
Front rim: 1.4 x 17” die cast aluminium alloy.
Rear rim: 2.15 x 17” die cast aluminium alloy.
- 135CC DTS-Si engine: The 135CC DTS-Si engine provides high performance and greater fuel efficiency. The DTS-Si technology employs microprocessor that measures different speeds and loads on the engine and responds accordingly by altering the ignition timing. The DTS-Si technology also utilizes two spark plugs instead of one for creating efficient and faster combustion compared to conventional 4 storke engines. In addition, the offset positioning of inlet and outlet ports, which is also known as swirl induction, creates turbulence in the air-fuel mixture inside the engine thus further enhancing performance and fuel efficiency.
- The five speed gear box enables proper utilization of power. The rider would have to change gears less frequently and they offer higher fuel economy.
- Front disk brake ensures safety and stability.
- Electric start of the motor cycle ensures hassle free start.
- The nitrox rear suspension enables the motor cycle to take over all the roads and it does not require much maintenance.
- The LCD speedometer gives out accurate information to the rider.
- The LED tail lamps come in lens-in-lens design and 10 LEDs.
- The wider rear tyre effectively grips the road and gives the motorcycle a sporty outlook.
- The 12V 5 amp battery does not require any maintenance.
- New twin pilot lamps not only give the motor cycle a great look but also better visibility at night.
- The stylish side indicators of the Bajaj XCD 135 DTS-Si are fitted with multi-reflectors for brighter light.
- Under all weather conditions, the auto choke ensures hassle free starting.
- Anti friction bush in-front suspension makes sure that the rider gets a smooth ride on the rough surface
- Ride control switch makes sure that the rider gets maximum mileage.
- DC Ignition improves the motorcycle's ignition timing.
- Aircraft style petrol tank cap adds up to the overall style quotient.
- ExhausTEC provides high pulling power at low rpm while the motorcycle is running in top gear.
The Bajaj XCD 135 DTS-Si comes in three version. The kick-start version costs Rs.43,000 while the electric start version costs Rs.45,000 and the high-end version with disc brakes cost Rs.47,000.