TVS Flame SR 125 is one of the latest models released by TVS, the third largest two-wheeler producer in
Midrange bike is the new trend these days. Top two wheeler makers of
The Supreme Court had issued an interim order allowing TVS to continue producing the Flame but had restricted the company from marketing them. The order comes on the back of an interim stay from the
High Court that had in effect Okayed TVS’ plans to manufacture Flame. Madras
Bajaj claims that Flame will be an infringement of its patented twin-spark plug technology. TVS has countered this arguing that it is an old technology and that Bajaj had no patent claim over it.
The SR Flame 125 has new color and graphics. On the first look, anybody will fall in love with this bike. It is a great combination of style and power. The triangular theme design coupled with body colored shock absorber springs, special engine cowl, great looking rear view mirrors, front fender will attract any bike enthusiast. If you are looking for a bike that is stylish and powerful then this is it.
Dimensions, weight and color:
- Overall length: 2030 mm.
- Overall height: 1070 mm.
- Overall width: 760 mm.
- Wheelbase: 1320 mm.
- Ground clearance: 165mm
- Kerb weight: 123 kgs(drum)/ 126 kgs (disc)
- Fuel tank capacity: 7.5 liter (including reserve)
- Reserve fuel tank capacity: 1.5 liter.
- Colors: Elite blue, Scarlet Red, Mica Black.
- Displacement: 124.8 cc
- Technology: CCVTi, 3-valve, 4 stroke.
- Maximum power: 7.7 kw@ 7500 rpm
- Maximum torque: 10 nm @ 6000
- Maximum speed: 95 kmph
- Gear box: 4 gear constant mesh.
- Clutch type: Multi-plate wet.
- Bore: 54.5 mm
- Stroke: 53.5 mm
- Compression ratio: 9.4 ± 0.4:1
- Carburettor: ucal Mikuni VM20
Front suspension type: Telescopic oil damped.
Rear suspension type: Five-step adjustable hydraulic suspension.
- Head lamp: 12V 35/35 W- halogen.
- Tail lamp: 12V 21W/5W
- Turn signal lamp: 12V 16W/10W
Batterytype and capacity: 12V- 5Ah
- Start: High energy IDI
Wheels and tyre:
Wheel type: Magnesium alloy.
Front tyre: 90/90X 17/2.75X 18
Rear tyre: 10/90X 17/3.00X 18
Front brake type: Drum 130 diameter (You can also have 240 mm disc)
Rear brake type: Drum 130 diameter
- The TVS Flame SR 125 is the first motorcycle in
that has widest rear tyre in its class. India
- 3V CCVTI Engine: The new TVS Flame SR 125 is the first motorcycle to be fitted with a three valve engine featuring Controlled Combustion Variable Timing Intelligent (CCVTi) technology. The engine has been jointly developed by the R&D Department of the TVS Motor and AVL, Austria. The engine has two different intake ports- Swirl port and Power port. Bike Advice.in reports:
Developed with AVL
- The TVS Flame SR 125 comes with an on tank boot space that allows the rider to carry his glasses, iPods and other small but necessary things.
- The TVS Flame SR 125 has both electric start and kick start system. The electric start is quick and saves you lot of time.
- The digital console of the new TVS Flame SR 125 has an LCD display that gives the rider all the necessary information about his ride at the same time.
- The TVS Flame SR 125 can be fitted with front disc brakes.
The TVS Flame SR 125 will cost between Rs.45,000 and Rs.48,000.