Here are some reasons Why So Few Successful bloggers from
1. The Language Thing: Blogging is something personal and many people love to write in their own mother tongue or first language. The main problem for Indian bloggers is that the language support for their mother tongues just came within the last 2-3 years. Before that, publishing websites or blogs in regional languages was very difficult.
2. Small Market Size: Two things to talk about here. First of all, suppose if you write in Hindi or any other Indian language, the market is very small in Internet. Earning money is a distant thing. Even finding enough readers will be a difficult thing. As a result, motivation does not come easily. The same way, writing about topics related to
3. Indian Traffic Does not Bring a lot of Revenue:
4. Absence of Entrepreneur Mentality: I think that of all the reasons, this should come as number one. When you are in professional blogging then you are on your own. You have to take care of everything- from writing content to uploading, promoting and even finding advertisements. The reality is that for the first one year, you just have to dedicate and sacrifice without much return. So, there is a big risk and that is why, we can find that most blogs from
5. Large Companies not Interested: I still remember the day when AOL decided to buy Weblog Inc for $25 million. That happened in 2005. Very few people in
6. Traditional mentality by the old generation: Blogging became very popular among many
7. Blogging not the Attractive Career:
8. What is blogging: I guess that many people in the country still do not know what is blogging. The media hardly talks about it. People know more about entertainment and sports than blogging.
9. Absence of role models: It is like a vicious circle. Because there are not many successful bloggers in
10. May be Outsourcing is the Villain: Some how I feel that most Indian educated people have become addicted to like outsourcing. They want that some American or European companies would outsource their works to them and they will earn some dollars. This has taken away the mental attitude of trying something on their own or competing against the American people.
Well, I have tried to put all the reasons here that I could think of. Do you agree with me?
By the way, if you are suffering from Writer’s Block then you can read this entry: Blogger’s Block: Some Tips about How to Defeat It