The new Maruti Suzuki Estilo hatchback will be manufactured at the company’s Gurgaon plant where it also produces its “A-Star” and “Ritz” models. The new car provides a fuel efficiency of 18.2 kmpl. The company is looking forward to sell 3,000-4,000 units per month.
If you are looking for a small family car that is reliable and provides great comfort and safety, then you should go for this one. The new Maruti Estilo is worth your money all the way. I love small cars because they are easy to park and take little space. The new Maruti Estilo is not a mere facelift but serious renovation coming with five speed Detent Pin technology transmission, airbag and ABS, foldable rear seats, electrically adjustable ORVM, remote keyless entry system, power windows and steering, front and rear fog lamps and many more. The car is placed in the A2 compact segment, a niche where Maruti is at the top with a 58% market share.
Gone are the flat-pan looks, for the front now comes with redesigned headlights that are in line with the Suzuki family design (read as Swift, Ritz and A-Star). The car also has a new grill that almost smiles at you and a bold new bumper with integrated fog lamps that have a 'sculpted look'. The front fenders have also been revised slightly. Overall the front fascia gets a muscular overtone that does brighten up the front end of the car as well as lends towards a younger personality.
According to Carwale.com the advantages of the new Maruti Suzuki Estilo are: mileage, reliability, comfort, and fit and finish. The disadvantages are: dull interiors, boxy looks, and handling. It further says:
The high stance, small wheels, and wheelbase may set you back, but it does manage a good and nimble ride and feel. On the outset the steering does feel sensitive but responsive. But is a good addition to weave through the traffic and easy to drive around the city without undue strain. The 1.1l engine is good enough with 65bhp at 6200rpm. The chassis is a little suspect at high speed with considerable body roll. Even though it is composed the small tyres and tall stance do ask a lot from the moving parts.
The new Maruti Suzuki Estilo is a very much environment friendly car. It is fitted with a 1.1 litre petrol engine. The Gurgaon plant of Maruti Suzuki currently produces the K-series engines that are Bharat Stage-III, Bharat Stage-IV and Euro-V emission norms compliant. The Financial Express says:
The new 998 CC petrol car is equipped with the latest K-series engines, on the lines of the company's other small cars -- A-Star and Ritz.
"Product upgradation is an integral part of Maruti Suzuki's business strategy and future plans. This is a way to include feedback from the customers and offer better products that match their tastes," Maruti Suzuki India Managing Director and CEO Shinzo Nakanishi said.
Dimensions, weight and color:
- Length- 3600 mm
- Width- 1475 mm (LX/LXi), 1495mm (VXi)
- Height- 1595 mm.
- Kerb weight- 845kg (LX, LXi), 865kg (VXi)
- Gross vehicle weight: 1275 kg.
- Color- Superior white, silky silver, dusky brown, ecru beige, quantum orange, bright red, emerald blue, black.
Chassis and other:
- Tread (Front)- 1295 mm.
- Tread (Rear)- 1290 mm.
- Turning radius- 4.6 m
- Wheelbase- 2360 mm.
- Ground clearance- 165 mm
- Rear suspension- Coil spring, gas filled shock absorbers with three link rigid and isolated trailing arm.
- Front suspension- McPherson strut with Torsion type roll control device
size- 145/70 R13 (LX, LXi), 155/65 R13 (VXi). Tyre type- Tubeless. Tyre
- Fuel tank capacity- 35 litre.
- Maximum power (PS/rpm)- 68 PS @ 6200 rpm
- Maximum torque (Nm/rpm)- 90 Nm @ 3500 rpm
- Engine- K10B.
- Engine capacity- 998 cc.
- Engine type- 3 cylinder.
- Transmission-5-speed manual transmission. Business Standard Motoring.com says:
A new transmission also promises better and more precise shifting. This transmission is a first among all Maruti products, the manufacturer claims. This product will be positioned in the A2 compact segment where Maruti Suzuki has a huge 58 percent market share.
The three-cylinder 66 bhp engine is the same engine that features in the A-Star and its lovely modern powerplant that we think will do wonders for the Estilo. The earlier generation of engines was also struggling to pass BS IV emission norms, so an engine upgrade was due.
- Drive- Two wheel drive.
- Clutch type- Dry, single disc, diaphragm type.
Safety and security features:
- Front brake type- Ventilated disc.
- Rear brake type- Drum disc.
- Anti-lock Braking System: ABS technology gives better control and handling.
- Airbags- Available only in VXi version.
- TESS-TOTAL EFFECTIVE STRENGTH STRUCTURE- Offers further safety to the passengers.
- Sculpted front and rear fog lamps- Not only add up to overall style of the car but also offers better visibility.
- Integrated key with central locking
- Anti-Theft Security alarm
Comfort and convenience:
- Rear wiper washer ensures clear rear view.
- Foldable rear seats gives more boot space so to carry big objects and extra luggage.
- Rear parcel tray makes it storage very easy.
- Illuminated instrument cluster with silver lining.
- Four power windows that can be controlled with four buttons located near the driver’s seat.
- Electronically adjustable outside rear view mirror.
- Cable Type Gear shift mechanism with Detent Pin Technology (DPT) ensures smooth riding and precise gear shifting.
- Electronic power assisted steering: Provides better handling and requires low maintenance.
- Remote keyless entry system.
The new Maruti Zen Estillo is available in three variation- Lx, Lxi and Vxi- priced between Rs.3.12 lacs and 3.95 lacs. For more information about the price in your state, check out the official website of Maruti Suzuki Estilo.