Friday, December 11, 2009

Winning the Battle Against Obesity

I have just written my story of fighting against obesity: I am out of Obesity after 50 Days of Trying
If possible, please, read it. The sad part is that in South Asia, overweight is becoming a very big problem. For example, now, India has the highest number diabetes patients in the world. The conidian is not that rosy in my own country Bangladesh either. I live in Dhaka city and I can that overweight people are more visible in almost every part of the city.
The main problem in South Asia is that there has been a shift in eating habit in the last 20 years. I still remember that 20 years ago, we never ate beef or mutton more than twice a month. Fish was the main food. Now, meat has totally taken the place of meat. 20 years ago, drinking Coke or Pepsi was limited to just once or twice a month. Now a days, in any program, soft drinks are served.
Anyway, I will try to write about this issue in this blog in the coming days. For the time being, just red my story of fighting against obesity and winning it for the time being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment