The year 2009 went away and another year has started. The New Year’s day is a day of celebration in many countries. In the
- Federal, state, county offices and city halls are closed New Year's Day.
- Local and county libraries will also be closed.
- All the major banks and in-store banks are closed today.
- Shopping malls will remain open but according to their hour of choice.
- Schools are closed New Year's Day.
- Grocery stores will remain open but for a shorter time and it may vary from place to place. You would have to contact your local store.
- Trash services will close New Year’s Day but it will presume the next day.
- Post offices will be closed. No mail will be delivered.
- Rail services will be running but on limited schedule. You would have to check your near by rail station.
- Register delivery will also continue for a limited time.