Monday, February 8, 2010

Schedule of Pakistan vs England T20 Series 2010

Pakistan is going to play two Twenty20 matches against England in Dubai international stadium on February 19 and 20, 2010. Thus, it has become Pakistan and England Twenty20 series 2010 and it will perhaps attract a lot of viewers on Television than the attraction on crowd in stadium. The two matches will be live broadcast in TEN SPORTS TV channel in South Asia and from now TEN SPORTS is giving advertisement of the matches. These matches are not that much important for any of the two teams because it is only two matches. However, they have some significance considering the fact that Twenty20 World cup 2010 will take place in April and May in West Indies.
You may wonder that why the matches are taking place in Dubai of UAE. If you are a cricket fan and collect information about world cricket then you should have known that for many months no foreign team has been touring to Pakistan because of security concern. So, Dubai and Abu Dhabi are becoming the second home for Pakistani cricket. In UAE, thousands of people of Pakistani origin work as emigrant workers and they are always happy to be in the stadium on a Friday. Here is the schedule below:

Date
Teams
Time
Venue
19 February 2010 (Friday)
Pakistan vs England- 1st Twenty20 match
GMT 14:00
Local Time 18:00
Indian Time 19:30
Dubai International Cricket Stadium
20th February 2010 (Saturday)
Pakistan vs England- 2nd Twenty20 match
GMT 14:00
Local Time 18:00
Indian Time 19:30
Dubai International Cricket Stadium

The organizers are hopping that many fans will come up for the two matches. The organizers have also tried to decrease the ticket price so that more people come. The price of the ticket is just AED 75 and this price is for the 19 February match. 19 February is going to be Friday and it is the holiday in UEA. So, you can expect a good turn out for the match. For the next match on Saturday, the ticket price has been just AED 50. Well, I think that the ticket price should have been decreased even further for Saturday’s match because in Saturday not many people will turn up for the match.
Pakistan’s recent performance is very bad. They can not play in their home stadiums for many months and this is perhaps one of the main reasons. They have less match practice than other countries. Pakistan just finished a very miserable tour of Australia in which they played three matches and lost all of them. Pakistan also played five ODI matches and lost all of them and they played one T20 match and even lost that one too. In the final Twenty20 match, Shahid Afridi was found guilty for ball tempering and he had been banned for two T20 matches. So, most probably Pakistan will have to play against England in this series against Shahid Afridi. This will surely make the Pakistani team weak. I am not sure if Afridi and Pakistani team has appealed against the ban and would be able to play. Another notable player who cannot play is Mohammad Asif.
Many people in Pakistan are very unhappy because of the way their national team lost against Australia. The Pakistan cricket team could not even secure one draw or one win in the entire tour. Now, Pakistan’s coach and captain have been called in the country to explain the bad performance. However, I don’t think the coach and the captain had anything to do with the bad performance.
The players are not in good shape and what Pakistani government and cricket board need to do is arrange more matches for the team in places like Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
I really think that Pakistan cricket board and Pakistani government should now focus on the England series in stead of investigating the reasons of humiliating defeat in Australian tour.
On the other hand, England recently went to South Africa for a four-match test series. The two teams also played five ODI matches and two T20 matches. The test series was draw. England won the ODI series by 2-1. The t20 series was also a draw. So, England had a very good tour of South Africa because South Africa at this moment is the number one ranked country in the world.
This series is t20 series and Pakistan is the current world champion in T20 cricket. Just a few months ago, in England Twenty20 world cup cricket took place and Pakistan was the champion. So, Pakistani supporters are now expecting that their team can defeat England easily. On the other hand, English cricket fans are hoping that England can win because Pakistan’s recent performance is very bad in world cricket. So, it is a very good opportunity for England to take advantage of the situation and win the t20 series.
I think that the series is taking place mainly for money rather than playing cricket. First of all it is only just two T20 matches and there is no ODI or Test matches. So, it is a sad matter for cricket fans of both the countries. Pakistan cricket board is under serious financial stress and they will get some decent amount of money from TEN SPORTS who will broadcast the matches live. I think that they will also get some money from the sponsors and that is perhaps why the two matches are taking place. 

14 comments:

1. pakiztan ll win both the matchez inshaallahhhhhhh

ReplyDelete
  2. pakistan will most lkely lose without star men such as asif and afridi nothing went there way in australia either i think england will hav a better chance with pitersen in there team

hopefully pakistan will turn it aroun in the carribean

ReplyDelete
  3. but now a days in our cricket team got too much crises coz kamaran Akmal drop for t20 match in dudai but i think that Sarfaraz is not perfect for pakistani scaper now a days coz his battin nil and only capin... is nothing for National team now a days..we need a alounder a like kamran akmal.. and .... and good news for fans that Razaq come back to team... pls move to our cricket coach... and tell him that just go to masjid and spent ur more time in ZIKIR ... do some think for ur AKHERAT..thanks for reading my comment

ReplyDelete
  4. guys
    i m pakistani, i love pakistan & i love our team

app sab say main eak bath pochna chahata hoon kai hum sab job kartay hain agar hum apna kam thek tarhan say nahi kartay tho humay apni nukri ka dar hota hai mujh eak bath samajh nahi ati kai yee humari cricket team kasi hai 800,000/- say oper kai Contract hain sab kai monthly pher bhi woo thek tarhan say khel nahi patay kya?
    koi jawab day ga? kion
    eak bath aur salman but iss insan key parchi hai asa lagta hai kai uss nay tho team ko khatam karnay ka theka lai liya hai Allha kai banday hum sab par rahem kar aur team say bahar hoja. thanks for reading my comment

ReplyDelete
  5. i think it is the managment's fault, they should make the pak players play like a single team and should kick out any player that does not has the spirit to play for the team.i also think that umar akmal should not be dropped as his performance is great in t20's.it is good news that razzaq is back in the side. i hope pakistan will win the series.

ReplyDelete
  6. Inshallah Pakistan Jeetay Ga.Our team will win.
    and will come back to pakistan with happiness and with flying colors..

ReplyDelete
  7. will the T20 matches would be telecasted on PTV???

ReplyDelete
  8. thanku for the schedule and information
    pakistan will win INSHALLAH!!!!!

ReplyDelete
  9. i love pakistan team but this team perfomance is not good for australia. i know australia team is a one day champions.so pakistan team played australia in pressure.inshallah the two t20 matches win the pak.

ReplyDelete
  10. pakissssssssssss wllllllllll woooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

ReplyDelete
  11. pakistan is T-20 champion..inshallah we will win both the matches..good luck pakistan!!! jeet kay geo...

ReplyDelete
  12. pleas inclued in team imran nazir bomber blaster

ReplyDelete