Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Second Come back to Full Time Professional Blogging

Making a second comeback in anything is difficult and in blogging, it is perhaps even more difficult. That is what I am trying to do now. I started my career as a full time blogger on 22 March 2006 and then for 3 years, I totally gave my life for blogging. Unfortunately, things fell apart on June and July 2009 and as a result, I was out of full time professional blogging. I was hit by a number of bad things at the same time:
My wife became critically ill and I had to be in hospital with her for two weeks.
I became seriously ill thanks to a very painful teeth treatment.
Two of my self hosted WordPress blogs (including this one) lost Google traffic as the shared hosting could not keep up with the huge traffic that the two blogs attracted.
Another blogger of my company became seriously ill.
The economic recession seriously affected our revenue.
Because of missing almost 3 bloggers, our traffic decreased sharply.

It was a series of nightmares for me but thanks God that life is now coming back to normal. Today, now, I feel very good in my body and mind and most probably, I can come back to full time blogging.
I have learnt some important lessons in the last 11 months. Yes, I was almost out of action for nearly 11 months. The most important lesson I learnt was that blogging is really the best job in the world. I just tried to keep the blogs updated and I could do so. So, now, things are good and if I can just again try some hard then at least this blog will bring a lot of traffic. You can come back to professional blogging anytime you wish. Fortunately, I live in a third world country and I do not need to earn a lot of money. So, for me, blogging is indeed an excellent thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment