Saturday, June 26, 2010

DU second cut off list is now available online

The second cut off list of DU undergraduate admission for Arts, Commerce and Science for the academic year 2010-2011 has been published. The first cut off list was published on June 21, 2010. The first round of admission finished on the evening of June 25, 2010.

To see the second cut-off list visit:

For more information, visit the official website:

The University of Delhi was established in 1922. Over the years, the institution became one of the premiere institutions for higher education in the country. The

University was set up by an Act of the then Central Legislative Assembly.

The university had a humble beginning with three affiliated colleges. St. Stephens College was founded in 1881, Hindu College in 1899 and Ramjas College in 1917. The university had only two faculties- Arts and Science and 750 students.

In October 1933, the administrative offices of the university and library were shifted to the Viceregal Lodge Estate. Currently, this is the main site of the university. The estate also houses examination offices, the sports complex, and the main departments of the Faculty of Science.

Sir Maurice Gwyer, the then Vice Chancellor, felt the importance of a distinguished faculty and searched for talent all over the country and brought them to work for the university. Some of the eminent scholars who served as teachers of Delhi University were- Prof. D S Kothari in Physics, Prof. T R Sheshadri in Chemistry, Prof. P Maheshwari in Botany and Prof. M L Bhatia in Zoology.

No comments:

Post a Comment