Friday, June 25, 2010

Paul Scholes: I May Retire in 2011

Veteran Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has indicated that the 2010-11 season could be his last season as a player. At 35, Scholes is one of the eldest members of Manchester United squad and no body would be surprised at his retirement.

A product of Manchester Untied youth academy, Paul Scholes has spent his whole career at the Old Trafford and is now considered as a legend at the club. Along with Ryan Giggs and Roy Keane, Scholes formed a lethal attack in Manchester United midfield. He has been playing for United since 1994.

Paul Scholes has recently extended his contract for a season. He has also revealed his interest to pursue a career in coaching after his retirement.

Scholes said to the media, “I am coming to the end of my playing career and I maybe have one year left.

I have started doing my coaching badges back in England and hopefully one day I will be able to coach kids or coach some kind of team somewhere.”

Paul Scholes won many titles with the Red Devils including 9 Premier League, 3 FA Cup, 2 League Cup and 2 Champions League titles during his illustrious career. The most important thing is that he is still pretty much influential for United.

No comments:

Post a Comment