Sunday, June 13, 2010

Robinho Still Uncertain about his Manchester City Future

Brazilian star Robinho still does not know which club he would be representing next season. The Manchester City striker played the second half of the last season at his former club Santos on a loan deal. However, it is not yet clear if the former Real Madrid star would return to Eastlands for the next season.

Robinho recently said that he would love to help City finish in the top four in Premier League next season.

Robinho revealed, “I honestly don't know what will happen at City. We will just see what happens over the summer but I haven't ruled out a return......

But I thought Manchester City were a good choice for me. I understood the reactions when I joined them. People thought I was going for the money but if it was then I would have gone to Dubai or an Arabic country. But I wanted to play in the Premier League and I was happy to join a club with big ambitions. They have the money and ambition to make it into the top four in England. And, believe me, next season City will. Maybe I'll be there to help them”

However, it seems less likely that Robinho is in the plans of City manager Roberto Mancini. There is intense speculation in the media that City would offload Robinho this summer in their bid to finance some other big money signings.

Reports also have it in the media that the Brazilian could move to Spain and is interested to join Barcelona. Even a return to Real Madrid is also an option for the 26-year-old striker.

Robinho was the first big money signing following City’s Arab takeover in 2008. City cost a British record £32.5m transfer fee to bring in Robinho from Real Madrid. However, the player failed to settle down at the Eastlands and was forced to go back to Brazil in January this year to spend the remaining of the season at Santos.

No comments:

Post a Comment