Thursday, July 22, 2010

Eduardo is thankful to Arsenal for the Support

Eduardo just joined a new club the other day and normally when a player leaves a club then most of the time, they do not have very happy feeling about the former club. Eduardo has thanked everyone at Arsenal for their support when he became injured and was out of action for many months.
The Croatian striker joined Arsenal 3 years ago on July 2007. He was 24 years old and the Wenger spent around £7.5 million to get him from Dinamo Zagreb. Earlier this week, Wenger sold him for around £6 million. After suffering the devastating injury on 23 February 2008, he never got his form back when he came to action on 16 February 2009. This one year caused him both physical and emotional distress and he could not be the player he was.
Anyway, Eduardo said to the Arsenal Website, "The past few days have been very emotional for me. Although I am excited about the challenge ahead with my new club Shakhtar Donetsk, I am so sad to be leaving my home for the past three years - Arsenal Football Club.
Arsenal is a very special football club and I will miss so many people - my team-mates, all the staff and, of course, the wonderful Arsenal supporters. I had some very difficult times with my injury, but Arsenal was always there for me - the medical staff, the management, the players and the supporters. Thank you everybody."

All the Arsenal fans would wish that Eduardo can become a good player again and he someday can return to the Emirates. At the moment, the player needs to get into a league that is less physical and competitive compared to EPL and playing for Shakhtar Donetsk would perhaps give him some breathing space.

No comments:

Post a Comment